Favorite Books

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My Sister's Keeper (Part I)

Haven't finished reading the book though. You can read the summary here. I usually save the quotes that I like in my cellphone. And after losing it yesterday, I'll just post them ahead before I forget them.
Lesson 1: Always keep your things where you can actually see them.
Lesson 2: Always have a hard copy.

Hehe..enjoy! :)

"People think they know what they're getting, and they're always wrong."
"What made me think I could save my sister, when I can't even save myself."
(all of those: Jesse)

"A real friend isn't capable of feeling sorry for you"
"It is the things you cannot see coming that are strong enough to kill you."
"I didn't want to see her because it would make me feel better. I came because without her, it's hard to remember who I am."
(all of those: Anna)

"It's like picking up an unfamiliar piece of sheet music and starting to stumble through it, only to realize it is a melody you'd once learned by heart, one you can play without even trying."
"Love has all the lasting permanence of a rainbow -beautiful while it's there, and just as likely to have disappeared by the time you blink."
(all of those: Campbell)

"It's not all that hard to avoid someone, when you want to."
"Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look."
(all of those: Julia)

"..every fire will burn itself out, even without your help."
"..in spite of what you think, miracles happen."
"Dark matter has a gravitational effect on other objects. You can't see it, you can't feel it, but you can watch something being pulled in that direction."
(all of those: Brian)

1 comment:

thejosephines said...

OMG!!! Thanks for posting these lovely quotes and feed me the quote geek!!! :) (I'm always this excited when I found great lines/quotes)

Thank you! :)