Favorite Books

Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Mirrormask (Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean)

I didn't know that Neil Gaiman wrote a script for the film "The Mirrormask". It was shown two years ago (2005) and I never really heard of the film until now. Actually, the book version only shows the storyboard and the script. Though I saw the trailer, I really hope I could find a copy of the movie..seeing a world created by Neil Gaiman would be really interesting if you could see it on the big screen.

"Your dad keeps this circus running on charm and peanuts, it's his dream-" (Joanne)
"Exactly, it's his thing. Why should I suffer for it?" (Helena)

"They'll be staring her in the face. Things you lose always are."(Joanne)

"It's a big IF. We can't hang around forever." (Acrobat)

"I can't reach. You know, I had no idea books had such different personalities." (Helena)
"I knew it. I knew I could do something to help. I hate feeling so helpless."

"Dreams take you only so far darling. After, you need cash." (Finnish Tumbler)

"She's not a pet. She's not even a child any more. You have to let her grow up." (Helena)
"You mean...let her choose her own clothes. Her own food. Make her own mistakes. Love her, but don't try to possess her...Absolutely out of the question." (Dark Queen)

"...These things are not anybody's fault, love. They just happen. It's just...life." (Morris)

"We often confuse what we wish for with what it is." (Valentine)

No comments: